Bible Study - LUKE: Peace of the Rock
- What is something God has done for you that you are thankful for or are celebrating? How have you seen or experienced the faithfulness of God in the last week or so?
- Where are you experiencing stress or anxiety? How would you like to see God move in your life or in the life of someone close to you?
- What did you hear in this week’s sermon that was new or particularly interesting? Did anything stand out to you as puzzling or troubling?
- Read Luke 19:26-44 carefully and imagine yourself at the event being described. Where are you? Who are you? What stands out to you as particularly interesting or important? How do you feel about Jesus coming into Jerusalem riding a donkey? Why do you think Jesus chose to enter Jerusalem on this occasion riding a donkey?
- Read Zechariah 9:9-10. Chris mentioned that this passage is a prophecy concerning the messiah that Jesus fulfilled by entering Jerusalem riding a donkey. What else is mentioned in this passage that could be prophecies that the messiah was to fulfill? Did Jesus fulfill those?
- Luke 19:37 Says that the crowd began to joyfully praise God for the miracles that they had seen. Take a few minutes and make a list of some of the miracles you have seen. Praise the Lord for what He has done.
- Why does Jesus weep in the middle of the parade celebrating his arrival in Jerusalem? What is it that kept the religious leaders from seeing what would bring them peace? Have you ever missed God because He came to you in a way you did not expect?
- Read Luke 19:45-48 carefully and imagine yourself at the event being described. Where are you? Who are you? What stands out as particularly interesting or important? How do you feel about Jesus clearing out the temple courts? What shape is your “temple” in?
- In Luke 20 Jesus answers questions about His identity and authority and tells parables about the Kingdom in an attempt to get the religious leaders to alter their course. How are you being called to alter or align with Jesus?
- In the next 24-48 hours, what simple next step could you take in obedience to what you’ve learned from your time in God’s Word? Who would benefit from hearing what you’ve learned this week? Will you share it with them?
Tagged with LUKE